Celebrating Ladies Golf in Northern Nevada For Over 50 Years!
Mary Kay Kaluza
Course Rating and
Executive Director, Darla Smyth, 775-851-8102 c: 925-519-5138
18124 Wedge Parkway, #182
Reno, NV 89511
Questions concerning educational materials, webmaster for this site, Facebook or Twitter, please email Darla
Juleen Marcuerguiaga President
Junior Golf Committee
Who is the NNWGA?
The NNWGA is made up of member clubs, both private and public. A part-time paid contractor is our Executive Director, overseeing compliance with our contract deliverables to the USGA and GHIN Association.
A volunteer Executive Board comprised of 8 elected members plus 3 Standing Committee Chairwomen administer the association.
A volunteer Board of Directors consisting of a delegate from each club plus the Executive Board meet twice a year in the Spring and Fall. There are currently 31 member clubs (public, private and non-real estate) with approximately 1800 individual members.
How Do I Join?
You must first join a member club and get an official USGA Handicap Index. If you join as a full home club member, you are eligible to participate in the Tournaments provided by the NNWGA and the Nevada State Women's Golf Association. If you pay as a handicap only member of a club you do not have the opportunity to participate in these Tournaments, but are offered most of the other benefits.
Member clubs are public, Private or Non-real estate. Some clubs have mid-week play days and others offer evening or weekend play. There is a full list of Member Clubs and associated facilities below.
Clubs pay an annual dues to the association to remain active with NNWGA. If you wish to form your own club, the NNWGA will help you get the necessary information to get you started. You must have at least 10 members to become a club.
The purpose of the Northern Nevada Women’s Golf Association shall be to:
(1) promote an interest in golf among the women of Northern Nevada and the Sierra Nevada area of California and Nevada within 80 miles of the California- Nevada border;
(2) encourage and foster commitment to the spirit of the game through sponsorship of tournaments, educational seminars and scholarship programs;
(3) provide assistance and support to its individual members and member clubs by providing membership in and access to the USGA-GHIN Handicapping system;
(4) assist and support its membership through the provision of an annual Directory and Club Handbook;
(5) serve as a resource for USGA Information and the Rules of Golf;
(6) foster a competitive spirit and showcase the skills of its members through sponsorship of one or more championship tournaments each year;
(7) represent the interests of its members at the state level through the election of Directors to the Nevada State Women’s Golf Association; and
(8) encourage growth of the game through sponsorship of Junior Golf Clinics and scholarship programs.
Questions or Comments?